Volunteers are essential to our mission and vision to ensure we are able to support our students in achieving their dreams. There are multiple ways volunteers can join the organization.
- Provide tutoring to high school students
- Conduct workshops with the high school students
- Mentor a high school senior through the college application process
- Review college essays and provide feedback
- Read to students in the K-5 after school program
- Provide reading support in the K-5 after school program
- Provide math support in the K-5 after school program
- Conduct STEM activities in the K-5 after school program
- Conduct art activities in the K-5 after school program
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to become a volunteer.
- Volunteer Clearances (PA State Background Check, PA Child Abuse, FBI Background Check, Mandated Reporter) covered completely by NLA
- Participate in volunteer onboarding
Host an Event
A major component of the Neighborhood Learning Alliance program is connecting our students and families with community resources and partners. Community partners can help Neighborhood Learning Alliance by hosting a speaking engagement, college visit, career workshop, visit to a work site, competition, enrichment lesson, field trip, etc.
Email us at email@example.com to discuss hosting an event.
Want to join us in our mission to provide high quality out-of-school-time educational opportunities to students in Allegheny County?
Find our job openings here.
If you believe in our missions and values and want to help us along the journey, consider a donation to support our continuous growth.