Support Staff: Roosevelt and West Liberty Elementary Schools
NLA is looking for support staff at Roosevelt and West Liberty. Hours at Roosevelt are M-F 3-6pm and West Liberty are 4-6:30pm.
At Neighborhood Learning Alliance, we are a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the education and opportunities of lower income families through strategic partnerships with community organizations, with active presence in the Pittsburgh Public Schools in after school programs. Support Staff is responsible for assisting the Program and Assistant Coordinator to implement the program at a designated school. The after school program is primarily run in the school, Monday to Friday, from the end of the school day until approximately 6:00 p.m.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help students set goals and improve their performance in reading and math
- Understand and support the school curriculum
- Plan and prepare educational activities
- Assist with homework, food and exercise periods
- Communicate with parents as instructed
- Maintaining a clean, organized and safe program space
- Attend to children’s academic and social needs during scheduled work hours
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
Experience working with urban elementary and middle school youth; Act 33/34, Criminal, and FBI clearances; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Familiarity with Pittsburgh Public Schools a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org