Title: STEM Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary Range: 30-35k based off experience
The incumbent is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) curriculum across the agency’s nine elementary and four middle school sites. The STEM coordinator will work with the partner organization afterschool staff and Warrior team to establish a STEM curriculum that is fun and engaging for the elementary children and middle school youth and aligned with Common Core standards.
- Work with the education director to ensure that efforts are aligned with funding requirements
- Develop curriculum for and oversee daily STEM afterschool programming and STEM Friday activities
- Provide STEM professional development for afterschool site staff and Warriors
- Develop badges using the LRNG system to document Warriors understanding of STEM curriculum and lesson delivery.
- Compile all of the necessary STEM instructional materials and ensure their timely and efficient distribution to all afterschool program sites. Lessons should be prepared at least one month in advance.
- Develop and adhere to a of STEM instruction schedule that includes Warrior-lead and STEM Coordinator-lead STEM activities.
- Ensure all receipts for STEM materials are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain a record of all STEM instruction delivered and number of children served in each lesson.
- Work with Education Director to ensure the timely submission of all STEM related reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor degree in education or a related field
- Teaching experience within a school or afterschool environment
- STEM Curriculum development experience
- Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- Ability to get to afterschool program sites efficiently
The incumbent generally performs the duties of the position at the Neighborhood Learning Alliance office or at one of the program sites. He/she will have extensive direct contact with clients and will spend approximately 60% of their time out of the office. Extensive communication with other agencies, school personnel and afterschool staff is necessary.
Email Sharmyn Straughters at email@example.com