Elementary Site Coordinator
Title: Elementary Site Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Part-time – 25hrs/wk
Location: Pittsburgh Arlington K-8
The Site Coordinator is responsible for establishing and implementing the program model at Pittsburgh Arlington K-8. The Afterschool program is primarily run in the school Monday – Thursday from the end of the school day until approximately 6:00PM, though some programming may occur later in the evenings and on Saturdays. Each site is staffed with a variety of support staff and/or volunteers that work under the direction of the site coordinator. The program is designed to work with students who are experiencing academic difficulties.
- Work with school administration to identify and recruit eligible children.
- Build strong relationships with all participants and their families.
- Secure and submit all enrollment paperwork for all participants.
- Meet with all participants and their parent/guardian to review program expectations
- Manage all on-site operations of daily programming. This includes managing the site team of support staff and/or volunteers.
- Create, schedule and coordinate all daily operations for the site, including daily activities & scheduled trip in adherence with the organization’s elementary program model
- Ensure production and distribution of program information documents, including weekly and monthly schedules/calendars of academic and recreation activities, field trips and events, to participants and their families as a recruitment and parent engagement tool.
- Track and record daily attendance.
- Monitor site operations and handle any discipline issues.
- Build relationships with school administration, teachers/counselors
- Build relationships with parent(s)/Guardian(s) through calls, mailings, and events
- Coordinate the food program and student daily dismissal procedures
- Assist with the supervision of high school warriors assigned to your site
- Coordinate all special events and field trips
- Support the supervision of the Warriors attendance
- Attend team meetings and trainings, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of after school management experience
• Experience working with urban elementary and middle school youth
• Allow us to obtain your Act 33/34, Criminal, and FBI clearances
• Valid PA driver’s license and reliable vehicle is a plus
• Familiarity with Pittsburgh Public Schools is a plus.
Email Sharmyn Straughters at email@example.com