Reports to: Program Coordinator
Schedule: Approximately Mon – Fri, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. (15-20 hours/week; varies)
Location: Positions available within various elementary schools
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Summary of Organization & Position
At Neighborhood Learning Alliance, we are a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the education and opportunities of lower income families through strategic partnerships with community organizations, with active presence in the Pittsburgh Public Schools in after school programs.
The Assistant Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Program Coordinator to implement the program at a designated school. The afterschool program is primarily run in the school, Monday to Friday, from the end of the school day until approximately 6:30 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct K-5 students in reading and math
- Plan and prepare educational activities
- Help students set goals and improve their performance in reading and math
- Understand and support the school curriculum
- Assist with homework, food and exercise periods
- Communicate with parents as instructed
- Maintaining a clean, organized and safe program space
- Attend to children’s academic and social needs during scheduled work hours
- Attend to additional duties as assigned
At least a high school diploma or equivalent is required; college graduate preferred, especially in a field related to education and working with youth.
Experience working with urban elementary school youth; Act 33/34, Criminal, and FBI clearances; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; valid PA driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Familiarity with Pittsburgh Public Schools a plus.