Schedule: Approximately 20 hours/week
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Position:
The Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing the program at a designated school. The afterschool program is primarily run in the school from the end of the school day until about 6:00 PM but the Program Coordinator must be flexible with evening hours and availability for training. The Program Coordinator directs support staff that assist with the program’s operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit students and build strong relationships with all participants and their families.
• Manage all operations of daily programming. This includes managing the site team of support staff and volunteers.
• Ensure production and distribution of program information documents, including schedules of academic and recreational activities, to participants and their families.
• Ensure students sign-in each day and that participation in all activities is documented.
• During academic and recreation periods, monitor site and resolve discipline issues.
• Build and maintain working relationships with school teachers, counselors, and administrators.
• Work directly with the school to process teacher referrals and collect data from the school on attendance, grades, standardized test scores, disciplinary actions, etc., to connect youth to appropriate afterschool academic services.
• Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of after school management experience
• Experience working with urban elementary and middle school youth
• Allow us to obtain your Act 33/34, Criminal, and FBI clearances
• Valid PA driver’s license and reliable vehicle is a plus
• Familiarity with Pittsburgh Public Schools is a plus.